Thursday, August 21, 2014

In Response to ' Native Seeds' ~ More Than Roses ~



It’s even more than roses express

the color of the heart's flow
felt in  veins which do not show
heard in  sounds of the beat slow-
I myself do not know,like Earth-
when the stem came in to grow

perhaps the seed already there
 needed the green to begin  care-
and now my restless soul seeks
the roots of the rose that keeps
me awake pierced in tears

 thorns touch creating fears –
I reach for the sweet aroma
breathe deep to inhale incense
I reach out to feel the petals
  I'm held by forbidden clutches

why do we connect with souls
who merge with the  spirit
bring peace and calm, then
amalgamating, silently leave 
cease, after  applying the balm

Now I gather the roses again
in vain, though, to ease the pain,
   of my  Quest for Ultimate Truth 
I seek the saving soul all over
 Whom I hope to meet, in pure rain.


2 comments:

Susan said...

I am certain that there is no saving soul on this earth except that of the kingdom itself, often hidden. This poem feels sad and troubled as if with unrequited love. But the green came and the seeds, stems, leaves, petals opened. I am certain you will find the roots rather than cut stems. (If you are referring as well to the outcome of a political situation, I can not isolate it.) A very moving poem.

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

It is finding solace in the beauty of nature as it is all around us-the rose is a symbol of life-it is plucked held and then thrown all over ...this is society's treatment -roses are the oppressed people- powerful deception always prevails and Good stands alone...I am happy that both poems have reached their destination...hoping to keep sharing and learning...

Environment Stories & Memoirs: NAPOWRIMO--2024- A POEM A DAY ---30 POEMS IN 30 DA...

Environment Stories & Memoirs: NAPOWRIMO--2024- A POEM A DAY ---30 POEMS IN 30 DA... :    Today, we’d like to challenge you to write yo...