Saturday, May 14, 2016

POETS UNITED ~ Midweek Motif ~ Birds ~ I Wonder About My Soul'


I wonder about my soul
I feel I do have one as
I breathe, in my heart 
I bleed,
tender are my wings
and feathers but I
can fly high and see

but I am a visitor here
restricted as I tear 
away from the unseen
fetters of hatred-
posing as sacred, are 
the hunters waiting
to aim for killing

anytime now 'hey bird
beware, your soul is kind
your spirit free
do not be deceived , fly
hail begins,warning signs
fly above The Power
will hold aloft 
your love is not blind

1 comment:

Susan said...

Beautifully expressed, the sense of danger and the sense of being who we are.

Environment Stories & Memoirs: NAPOWRIMO--2024- A POEM A DAY ---30 POEMS IN 30 DA...

Environment Stories & Memoirs: NAPOWRIMO--2024- A POEM A DAY ---30 POEMS IN 30 DA... :    Today, we’d like to challenge you to write yo...